Do not forget your prescription
- A full poly-somnography in laboratory must always be performed before an MSLT.
- You must be awake at 6:00 a.m., at the latest, the morning of the MSLT. The time of the appointment at the laboratory is usually 7:30 a.m.
- It will be forbidden to drink coffee or other caffeine-based products at the site. Have a light breakfast before leaving home.
- You must take four to five naps during the day at the following approximate hours: 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and if needed, 4:00 p.m. A nap will be about 20 minutes.
- Painless sensors will be applied to your scalp, close to your eyes and on your chin.
- During the day, a professional will ensure that the test is being performed correctly, the data isrecorded, and you are comfortable.
- You will have access to a full private bathroom on site.
An official receipt will be given to you following payment of the test.
- Light and comfortable clothing, slippers and your medication.
- Some healthy snacks and a light lunch that you can eat between naps.
- Reading or hobbies, since you will not be allowed to sleep or take a nap.
Interpretation of the test will be performed by one of our medical specialists. The results will be sent to you and your doctor by mail or email within 14 days after your appointment.