Drug and alcohol screening
Why is screening recommended as a safety tool?
Alcohol and other drugs and substances are widespread in our society. Despite decades of efforts in the prevention and treatment of addiction, alcohol and drug abuse remains a concern and workplaces are not immune to this issue.
What can be screened?
In addition to alcohol, the main regulated drugs usually screened in the United States and in Canada are the following: marijuana; cocaine; some opiates (heroin, morphine, codeine, opium and their derivatives); amphetamines; and phencyclidine (PCP).
Some tests can also detect the presence of drugs that can affect vigilance at work; their use can be eliminated through company policy under certain specific conditions. Biron applies strict procedures to confirm the validity of the specimen (verification of the dilution rate of urine and the addition of interfering substances).
Biron – Health in Business’s drug screening offers:
- Several points of service in accordance with the rules of DOT (Department of Transportaion)
- Fast results
- Sampling and analysis protocols consistent with the requirements of SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration).
To support us in this task, we have partnered with a consulting firm and an office of lawyers in labour law.
- Profile toxico 4 (cannabinoids, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines)
- Profile toxico 5 (cannabinoids, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, phencyclidine)
- Toxic profile 5 (hair)
- Ethanol (requested with toxic)
- Confirmation of drug(s) (by positive drug - eight working days to get the result)
- Toxins in urine (the following validity tests are carried out on all the urine samples received: pH, nitrite, creatinine and density (if abnormal creatinine dose).
- Toxins in the hair (the patient must have hair length of hair that is at least 1 cm).
Take an appointment
Give us your contact information and we will call you back to plan an appointment.