Medical prescription compulsory
Diagnostic testing performed at the clinic during a full night’s sleep. Under the supervision of a respiratory therapist or an medical electro-neurophysiology technologist.
It uses a range of sensors to record physiological data such as:
- Cerebral electric, cardiac and muscular activity
- Certain respiratory parameters (apneas or hypopneas)
This allows quantifying the respiratory events and analyzing them on the basis of the following variables:
- Sleep stages and micro-awakeness
- Respiratory effort
- Gasometrical repercussions – by measuring for percutaneous oxymetrical saturation
- Cardiovascular repercussions – by measuring the heart rate
For which case is this test indicated?
When obstructive sleep apnea (respiratory arrest) is not visible but the presence of sleep disorders is suspected.